I've gone on countless dates with countless boys. You name the type of guy and I've probably dated him. Athletic. Sensitive. Intellectual. Not so intellectual. Music lovers. Computer geeks. Wine sippers. Keg stand-ers. Emo. Fratty. Home bodies. World travelers. Cocky. Timid. Mysterious. Sweet. Trouble makers. Hippie. Corporate. And you know what guys? I'm tired. Oh so tired...
So one night I went out to dinner with some friends and one of the girls at the table was telling us about how her friend went on a "boys fast". She fasted from boys. What a novel idea. And exactly what I needed to try.
So these are the rules:
1. I can't communicate with boys in any fashion. No texting. No calling. No chatting.
2. Exception to rule # 1: I can only talk to boys about school work [in brightly lit, public places].
3. I can't go out to bars.
4. Pretty much avoid any situation that involves boys.
For those of you who know me, you're probably thinking "yeah right, you could never do that". Well, normally I would agree, but I've got to try something new. Maybe this fasting period will help cleanse my chi and what not and the perfect boy will find me. I'm a hopeless romantic. I know, it's so gross. So off I go for one full week without boys. Nothing compared to the one month that my role model achieved, but ya know...baby steps. Wish me luck!
"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI've been there. At one point, I took EVERY guy out of my phone (wrote them down for emergencies and put them in a sealed envelope) so I could drunk text or call, or even sober for that matter. I figured if they wanted to talk to me, they would call or text. so yeah. it definitely saved me a lot of embarrassment during my "drunken" days. good luck my friend.
ReplyDeleteHahaha. That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteI am actually going on an official "dating fast" for my first year as a missionary next year. I am still allowed to have conversations with them, but I am definitely not allowed to date or want to date or think about dating any of them. I think it's gonna be pretty awesome.