So I wasn't totally honest with y'all in the beginning. I didn't start this blog because I felt like I was called to be a blogger or because I wanted to share my most inner thoughts. I started this blog because I am currently bored with my life. Wow, I'm so glad that's off my chest. I promise not to keep anymore secrets from y'all. So since I'm bored with my life, I've been experimenting with different things lately. I'm not a smoker, but I recently decided to take up smoking for one full week. I'm sure you're asking yourself, what did she smoke? Well, that's the first question that popped into mind as well. What will I smoke? You can smoke just about anything these days, but my mind wandered to a "trippy" time during my sophomore year in college and I knew exactly what I wanted to smoke. I thought I should probably revisit something I've tried a couple of times before. No wait, more like ten times. Ok, ok I lied again. Fifty times is a more accurate ball park. But then I thought, what would the kids at Bayside have to say about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO73-WlOHhM
So then I decided I'd try smoking cigarettes. I realize some of you are cringing right now, but my mom always says I can't knock something until I try it. She, of course, used that phrase when I was 7 years old and wouldn't eat my broccoli, but you get the idea.
So I walked into the gas station and there are like a million brands to choose from. Camel? Marlboro? Parliament? I said, "Marlboro Lights" with some authority, like I knew what I was talking about. I only chose them because I had heard that name thrown around by some of my friends. At that point, I thought the hard part was already over, and then I looked over to my right to see the lighters. Mannn, seriously? If there were a million cigarette brands, there had to be like a billion different lighters. Do I get the clear one where you can see the lighter fluid? Do I get the one that is black and has the word "PRINCESS" written in pink? Do I get one with the skull on it? So many decisions. I ultimately decided on a plain green lighter. It was more my style.
Fast forward to the bar that night. I surprised myself at how quickly I made friends with fellow smokers. I was one of them in no time. I mimicked the way the held their cigarettes and blew out their smoke. I really wanted to try making smoke rings and other cool things you do with cigarette smoke, but knew they would get suspicious and realize I was an amateur smoker. Drinking and smoking go hand in hand like.....two people holding hands??? (Sorry, I couldn't think of a good analogy).....and I was loving every minute of it.
Fast forward two days later. I decided to test if I was a true smoker, so I lit up mid afternoon. What a MISTAKE. Smoking is one of those things that you should never do sober like eating McDonalds. It was so bad I couldn't even finish one cigarette. I was so bummed. I knew it was the end of the road for my smoking days. I didn't have what it took to be a real smoker.
I had high hopes for smoking, but it didn't quite live up to all the hype. Smoking cluttered my life with more decisions, used up money that could have been better spent on shoes, and made me shiver outside with all the other outcasts smokers. Oh and I'm not really a fan of lung cancer. However, I will look back fondly on this week and I will cherish those moments I spent with my smoker friends. So here's to you smokers of the world. Here's to you.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Princess Leia, you are so bizarre, but I love you still. I am glad you are no longer smoking. I like your scent without the cigs.
ReplyDeleteEWWWW. as the poster-child of my 5th grade DARE class, i must forbid you liya gobena (did yall go with the whole "use my dad's first name as a "2nd" last name strategy", which simply translates into a middle name in american culture?) huluka from every doing drugs again!!!! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Ok, I am beyond ecstatic to see you on here!! AND you definitely don't disappoint!! This is absolutely hilarious. Pure genious!!
ReplyDeleteIf only you were as cool as me...
ReplyDelete